News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: gallbladder surgery

bladeraven - Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:03 am

I just had gallbladder surgery last week tonight i noticed that the incision at my belly button has a big knot on it like the size of my fist is this normal? the rest of the incisions are doing well and no pain this one however still hurts terrible it feels like something is pulling
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:10 pm

User avatar Hi bladeraven,
Is the area red, warm, oozing etc.? If not and it doesn't have any of the signs of infection, sometimes where a suture is or where scar tissue forms additional amounts it makes raised uneven areas. If it is scar tissue, this will eventually become a smoother appearance.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here