Question: Small Mass in lower-right abdomen about hip

dia - Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:42 am

Hi... I'm a 22 year old male.

Yesterday, after returning from work I sat down and noticed that I somehow had gotten what appeared to be a bruise or something on my lower abdomen. I almost brushed it off, but out of curiousity, I pressed my finger on it, and found that there was some sort of mass or small "lump" in the center, under my skin. The darker part surrounding it was purplish color. The lump seems to be very hard, doesn't pulsate, and doesn't really hurt that much. It is only slightly sore when i press on it.

I don't remember bumping into anything, and it didn't really hurt at all. I had never noticed it any earlier than yesterday just showing up. Basically, I'm scared out of my wits that I may have something serious going on.

I can't get in to see my doctor until Monday, and I don't know if I should go to the Emergency Room or not.

What could this be? What should I do?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:14 pm

User avatar Dear Dia,

What this could be will be answered by your doctor on monday.

Unless the mass is hurting you a lot or is growing fast, i think you can wait till monday morning to go to your doctor and there is no need to go to the emergency room.

dia - Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:00 pm

Thank you for the response....

Do you have any idea what this could possibly be?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:27 pm

User avatar Dear Dia,

Masses have to be examined so that an accurate diagnosis is made.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com

|