News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Small Mass in lower-right abdomen about hip

dia - Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:42 am

Hi... I'm a 22 year old male.

Yesterday, after returning from work I sat down and noticed that I somehow had gotten what appeared to be a bruise or something on my lower abdomen. I almost brushed it off, but out of curiousity, I pressed my finger on it, and found that there was some sort of mass or small "lump" in the center, under my skin. The darker part surrounding it was purplish color. The lump seems to be very hard, doesn't pulsate, and doesn't really hurt that much. It is only slightly sore when i press on it.

I don't remember bumping into anything, and it didn't really hurt at all. I had never noticed it any earlier than yesterday just showing up. Basically, I'm scared out of my wits that I may have something serious going on.

I can't get in to see my doctor until Monday, and I don't know if I should go to the Emergency Room or not.

What could this be? What should I do?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:14 pm

User avatar Dear Dia,

What this could be will be answered by your doctor on monday.

Unless the mass is hurting you a lot or is growing fast, i think you can wait till monday morning to go to your doctor and there is no need to go to the emergency room.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.
 dia - Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:00 pm

Thank you for the response....

Do you have any idea what this could possibly be?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:27 pm

User avatar Dear Dia,

Masses have to be examined so that an accurate diagnosis is made.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here