Question: PLS Respond ASAP

Xoeitheror - Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:41 pm

Okay for the past 2 weeks I noticed I have been going to the bathroom right after eating and that was the only time I was having bowel movements,directly after eating everytime I would eat.On new years eve I ate and found myself very full filling almost the point where my stomach felt like it was going to explode except I did not have a bowel movement.The next day I didnt have any real bowel movements either I ate a little bit and I found myself feeling very full again,later that day I went to the bathroom nad found it very hard to pass my stool,My stool was very small and dark colored and barely any was past.Now that past couple of days this same thing has been going on,the entire time I havent ate anything in fear of not being able to goto the bathroom after eating,I havent had barely any bowel movements in the past couple of days and when I do its always the same case small dark stool.I don't really have much stomach pain except the occasional gas feeling cramp my stomach just feels very very full.Anyways as of today I just had a bowel movement and the stool I passed was again very small when I wiped there was redish/orangish blood/mucus like mixed in with my stool on the toilet paper. Some other symptoms I have that I don't know if they are related is an immense tightness in the middle of my chest just below where my ribcages end I also find it fairly hard to breath as it feels I am not getting any air and sometimes I even feel a little gagged I assume thgis is just because i havent went to the bathroom and maybe my diaphram or lungs are possibly getting pushed on?? Anyways I have a doctors appointment for next monday and with this current symptoms I am kind of scared to wait an entire week to goto the doctor. I would like to know what are some possible problems that could be wrong with me and if you think I should goto the ER? Also if I goto the ER what kind of test should I expect to be done? Please answer as soon as possible. Thanks
 Rhonda P, CEP - Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:56 pm

User avatar Dear Xoeitheror,

Colitis is the inflammation of the mucous membrane lining of the large bowel. It causes a lot of the things you are having problems with, the loose stools followed by constipations, abdominal pain, mucous in the stool, blood and the loss of appetite, you may also notice a feeling of gassiness and bloat. There isn’t a definite cause for colitis, it is hereditary and it is a common disorder. They may test you for CROHN DISEASE as well as ULCERATIVE COLITIS.

The pressure you feel in your lower rib cage area may be the large intestine having a colitis attack and spasm. It runs up the right side of the abdomen (ascending colon) along the lower part of our ribcage horizontally across the abdomen (transverse colon) and then down the left descending colon where it will enter the rectum and the opening of the anus.
 Xoeitheror - Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:40 pm

I talked to my mother and she informed me that she has suffered from colitis off and on for her whole life and the fact tha you mention it is hereditary makes me wonder if that really is what I have.One of my main concerns is waiting till nedt monday to goto the doctor I do not want to cuase any permanent damage.Are the symptoms I describe worthy going to the ER.What concerns me most is the tight feeling in chest and difficulty breathing and the blood on the toilet paper.
 Rhonda P, CEP - Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:07 am

User avatar Dear Xoeitheror,

If you start having difficulty breathing or your heart starts feeling like it’s not beating correctly or the blood from your rectum becomes more than about a few tablespoons worth, I would recommend going to the ER. Colitis shouldn’t cause any damage that warrants going to the ER but if you feel odd, don’t let anything stop you from going!

I think you will feel better as far as chest pressure if you can have a BM. You naturally think you need to increase fiber, DON’T eat fiber right now, it will irritate your colon even more. Try eating bland foods such as pasta, jello, oatmeal, yogurt, potatoes, applesauce, rice, and lots of water, water is very important to soften the stool you are retaining. Eat many small meals followed by lots of liquid, you may want to get some glycerin suppositories to help things move along.
 Xoeitheror - Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:07 am

The blood in the stool was only once and hasnt been there since,I have been eating things like jello and soups.Yesterday I started taking metamusal or however it is spelled My mother got it for me and insisted I take it even though I told her I was worried it would cause more problems.The weird feeling in my chest and the breathing problems didnt start until after i started taking it so now Im going to stop taking it.I assume since you say not have any fibers that the metamusal has caused my colon to be more irritated causing the weird feeling in my lower chest.Anyways what kind fo test should I be expecting at the doctors monday,hopefully no surgery ect. or anything of the like.
 Rhonda P, CEP - Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:30 am

User avatar I think they'll talk to you about what to eat & changing your diet, give you medications for keeping regular and to numb your colon lining so it doesn't spasm so much. Maybe more, you'll have to let me know.

No fiber at all, it will make your cramps worse, the spasms will be worse, it will make your stomach burn. Just stick to the lighter things.
 Xoeitheror - Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:52 pm

Sorry to keep bothering you busy people but I noticed further about you something about iregular heartbeat,Well for past 3 months there has been something wrong with me my ears have been ringing and certain sounds cause a beating in my hair if I lay down on my side I can hear my heart beating in my ear.Also sometimes I wake up and my heart is beating very fast or when I stand up or sit down really fast my heart starts beating fast and I feel a choking kind of feeling in my throat.Ive been to the doctor and hospital for this and they didnt find anything Im not sure what tests they did,but I was wondering why you mentioned the irregular heartbeat and if this could somehow be related to my stomach problems? Sorry So many worries? Thanks in advance
 Xoeitheror - Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:24 pm

Okay today I went to the doctor and my doctor just sucks I honestly trut you doctors here at the forums more.He didnt run any tests or anything he gave me some Nexium to calm my stomach down and thats all he did.He was pretty dead set on me having ulcers and that this was the problem.Im supposed to goto a colon doctor next weekfor a lower GI this is the last thing I wanted done,is this really necessary? I just wanted your opinion on the meds he gave me and the idea of getting a lower GI

|