News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: mid-left abdominal pain, sometimes radiates

chart123 - Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:17 pm

Over the past week, I have been experiences some dull pains in the left side of my abdomen. Sometimes i'ts upper, sometimes it's lower. It's been sharper today. It has occasionally gone away when I've passed gas, but today it got much worse after a bowel movement. From time to time I've noticed that I have other smaller pains in other parts of my body -- some tightness in my neck, a small pain in my groin, a pain on the left side of my body -- but these come and go. Currently, even though the pain on my left side hasn't been constant, it is currently acting up and is much sharper than it's been, and has migrated now, as I type this, more to the center. It sometimes feels like a bubble moving around. The pain is not debilitating, just annoying and it's starting to worry me.

Normal urine, normal stool, though I have been having bowel movements more frequently. I noticed something dark in my stool last week, but I don't think it was dark blood -- I otherwise have not noticed any blood.

Help!
 glynn10 - Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:54 am

For almost 3 months now I've been experiencing a very tender abdominal area with the pain radiating to my back. Sometimes the pain is only in my back and sometimes only in my stomach/abdominal area. The pain is very dull but bothers me, nonetheless, everyday...a very frustrating pain. I'm a 27 year old male and consider myself to have been very healthy throughout most of my life thus far. I've seen my internist, which did a Ultrasound (Gallbladder/ Pancreas/ Liver/ Spleen/ Kidneys), bloodwork (CBC), urinalaysis, and even a CT scan. All test have come back normal...except the ultrasound saw that my liver and spleen were on the larger side of normal/average....my doctor said that it wasn't to the point of being concerned. Lately, the pain and tenderness in my abdominal/stomach area seems to get more sensitive and no one has any answers for me...except monitor my symptoms. Could you please provide some incite and tell me with the tests that have been done...Does that rule out a lot of serious complications? Thank you for your time and consideration...I look forward to hearing your reply!!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here