News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: [b]Sharp pain in Right hand side[/b]

Fergie - Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:04 pm

Over the last few days have been getting a sharp pain in my right hand side. Sometimes its just an ache but today its been really bad to the point that i haven't been able to stand up straight. Is tender to touch. Just wondering what it might be and if it's worth bothering a doctor over. Any feed back would be much appreciated. Cheers
 lhnnwntrs - Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:13 pm

Fergie,

Im no Dr but just from what youve said it sounds like it could be like my problem with my gall bladder. And yes it is worth contacting a Dr over I would think.
 BUSCHCLUB - Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:08 pm

Hello sounds like possible gallbladder but could be another cause maybe a cat scan of this region would help rule some things in or out i am not a doctor though just my thinking
 georgey123 - Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:19 am

hi im a student nurse, so in my opinion and i have always been taught that any abdominal pain needs to be looked at by a doctor, it could be your gallbladder, if the pain is in the right side of your umbilical region radiating to the right groin it could be appendicitis or a urinary tract infection, any diarrhoea or nausea or vomiting, you need to see your doctor or the e.d especially if you develop a temperature, any pain on urinating indicates a uti which may need a course of antibiotics hope this helps

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here