Forum Name: Liver Diseases

Question: cirrhosis cured

Margaret22 - Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:59 pm

Hi, I was told I have cirrhosis, had a biospy 3yrs ago when I had my gallbladder out.I cleard the HepC & doing well I see my Dr. every 6 months and have all kinds of test done well I just had a CT with contrast. The nurse called and said everything was normal. I asked if she meant the cirrhosis was gone, and she said it did not say anything about cirrhosis? So could my cirrhosis be gone???
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:32 am

User avatar Hi Margaret22,
Cirrhosis is a condition that produces irreversible scarring of the liver impairing blood flow, affecting functions of the liver regarding removal of toxins etc. Cirrhosis, depending on the causative factor may progress slowly. To my knowledge, no there is no known cure. You may want to discuss with your physician the results of the CT Scan.