News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Blood in Stool

Red2111 - Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:25 pm

i have noticed that sometimes when i poop there is, what looks like, blood in the stool. it has only happened twice but within the last 3 months and not consecutively. both times the stool has had the same look too it, between diareah and a solid stool. it looks like the picture i found beside a SMELLY or GREASY STOOL. it acts like diareah when it comes out and my but burns a little afterwads too. its usually a light brown, some yellows in it, and most of the blood like stuff is in flake form, like my poop has a case of bad dandriff. the blood is like a rust color and is also mixed in the stool itself. i am female and it has not happened while on my period. should i be concerned?? thank you for your time and for answering my question
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:47 am

User avatar Hi Red2111,
Appearance of blood in the stool may be caused by numerous reasons, for example, any disorder of the gastrointestinal tract, ulcers, hemorrhoids, anal fissures, polyps, etc., etc. However, the presence of this should be reported to your physician.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN
 Red2111 - Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:42 am

thanks for responding :)

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here