News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Pls Pls Help Me - Had enough

witters68 - Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:08 am

:cry: Have suffered with chest/stomach/shoulder pains for a year - doctor said gallstones so had gallbladder removed beginning December 2005. Thought everything would be okay but pain still there - very very bad middle of night - just below the scar at the top of my ribcage - am sick all the time, can't eat cause I get bad stomach pains and feel nauseous and have diahorrea.

I'm female, 37, yes am overweight (have lost 5 stone so far), I smoke 10-15 cigarettes a day - not much of a meat eater prefer veg and fruit, but am having trouble eating it - causes me pain - especially apples. Any kind of alcohol absolutely kills me - there's no acid burn or anything just a really really bad pain in my chest and shoulders, especially my left shoulder - the pain has radiated down to my forearm now and it's like a buring sensation. Can't eat dairy products as stomach doesn't like it - chronic pain and diahorrea.

I don't know wat it is - doc said go back to hospital but I have to wait so long to see the surgeon.

Can someone please please help me or point me in the right direction.
 Dr. M. Mavru - Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:56 pm

User avatar Dear witters68
perhaps you should consider seeing your G.P. instead of your surgeon. It is very unlikely that your complaints might be due to your recent surgery.
What you describe might suggest some functional bowel condition like lactose intolerance, but concomitant heart disease considering your predisposing factors (overweight, heavy smoking) must be ruled out at your age.
 witters68 - Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:40 am

Couldn't take pain in shoulder anymore after really bad weekend so went to A&E, they took a couple of xrays and diagnosed Calcific Tendonitis - this explains the pain in my shoulders - am taking Diclofenic to see if this helps.

Still have the stomach pain - which is okay if I don't eat and only drink water - have gone from 22½ stone to 15 - good way to loose weight I suppose.
 Dr. M. Mavru - Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:57 am

User avatar That's good news.
Try to add some antacids (proton pump inhibitors) though. See if the middle of the night pain subsides. Good luck! Keep us posted

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here