Question: Left, pain in stomach area! Numbness down left arm

Hank - Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:32 pm

I have been experiencing stomach pains now for over two years. You might say I've become a bit of a veteran at it.It seems as though after I eat not even 20 min. later I feel nauseous.It's sort of a dull feeling in the upper part of my stomach that sometimes radiates through out the left side of my body. I am taking some really good nutritional products from Garden of life. They contain homeostatic organisms which are supposed to add back the good flora in the stomach. I had some success with these products before but started about a week and a half ago and haven't really noticed much difference. I also am experiencing itchyness on the left and right rib cage with some occassinal sharp pain. What is this :?
 Dr. M. Mavru - Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:21 am

User avatar Dear Hank although your complaints seem non-specific and not worrisome at all, several points are better to be clarified: has the pain increased in frequency over the last few months, or have you noticed any change in body weight status?
Itching is limited to the regions you mentioned?
Best,
 Hank - Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:00 pm

Mihai,
Thank you for your speedy reply. The itching is mostly located in the left rib area with some occassional stabbing pain.I also get nausia after meals.The pain has not increased over time.Body wieght went down do to eating a raw diet for 6 months.Raw diet may have been to rough on the system, so I've been told.As of 2 months ago I went back to cooked foods- soups, fish, chicken, rice etc. Although I've been going to the bathroom every day I am still constipated and this morning I noticed some mucus and small trace's of blood in stool.This at times can be very uncomfortable. Do you think this is all due to constipation?
Thank's Hank
 Dr. M. Mavru - Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:09 am

User avatar Dear Hank,
let us forget for a moment about the localized itching, it is non-specific.
Blood and mucus in the stool on the other hand, deserve medical attention. Constipation is rather a symptom than a cause of your trouble. Please see your doctor as he might order some tests to clarify your condition.
 Hank - Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:55 pm

Thank's Dr. Mavru,I'm seeng a gastro dr. pretty soon.
Hank

|