Question: Wretched, chills, fast/irregular heart

laplain - Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:03 pm

Two things (not sure if they are related).

1. Every two weeks for the past 2 months, I would yawn or something simliar and out of no where I'll get a chunk of cottage cheese looking something towards the back of my throat. It happens so sporadically that I can't tell where it may have come for sure, but it's (for lack of better description) like a piece of brain about the size of a pea, and is basically like cheese (I squished one to see if it was hard or...). Could this be bile stones or something (don't even know if there is such a thing) and could it be working its way up my esophegus or something? Internet searches return nothing about this weird thing.... seems like to regular and the size and consistency are too much the same to just be food or something that was lodged in my throat.

2. I experience wretched chills that will raidate from my mid section and cause my toungue to tingle, and hands/legs. In a few instances, it made me really weak and feel like passing out. It is like heartburn, but a little more wretched and uncomfortable. I had an Upper GI done, and it showed relfux once (mild reflux) and I was put on Nexium. That seemed to help, but I still had abdominal discomfort after 3 weeks, so I was switched to a stimulant to help digest food (help stimulate digestion). That seemed to help for a little while. But periodically, I'll get these chills and discomfort in mid section and my hear will seem to beat irregularly and I'll have a slight shaky feeling in my body, especially arms and hands. Not enough to notice when I hold a hand out, but enough that it makes me feel like I'm constently tremoring or there's a nerve issue. To sleep at night, I'll have to try and stay still and relax best I can, until my hear eventually seems to calm and I fall asleep. Occasionally, I'll wake up to an abdominal spasm or jerk (last night I had 3 of these yank me up like I was falling in my sleep or something.

3. I feel like I have fluid built up in my right inner ear. I hear a bubble or slight popping sometimes, like it may be infected.

Could this all be related? Thanks for reading.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:15 am

User avatar Hi laplain,
The popping noise you hear may be related to fluid in the ear. Have you had a recent upper respiratory infection? The "chunk of cottage cheese" appearing material, if you still have your tonsils, it's quite possible that food may become lodged, start decaying, and appear such as this when it becomes dislodged. Stomach spasms related to GERD may occur due to irritation and it may take some time for you to notice a difference in the way you feel after beginning a medication regimen for reflux etc. If you continue experiencing symptoms notify your physician for an evaluation.
 laplain - Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:30 am

It really means a lot to not only have an RN reply, but to get some information that makes sense. Thank you.

|