Question: Please help me...

Casey26 - Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:40 pm

I've been researching and reading and wondering what to do for a while now.

I've always had a sensitive stomach, but this is ridiculous and so frusterating, and I don't know what to do.

My issues are... severe stomach pain in lower abdoman, sometimes entire thing, sometimes concentrated in certain areas. Dull pain always present. Constipation, when I am lucky enough to go maybe 1-2x a week its very soft, sometimes with mucus. And it hurts, even when there's not a lot or when it is soft. I feel like I'll need to go,there is a pressure on my rectum but there's nothing to come out. (Sorry to be gross...) I'm fatigued constantly, even after 7-9 hours of sleep. I'm bloated all month. My belly is tender. I've lost my apptetite, and feel sick after I eat. (anything from soup to salad to burgers, meals or snacks, fruits, everything) I'll regurgitate (the bitter icky feeling in the back of your throat?) water and lettuce. But I feel sick when I don't eat. Another thing I've noticed is that I'm thirsty all the time. My mouth will feel dry 10 minutes after a bottle of water. My chest feels hot from the inside. The last thing is the fact that I just can't lose weight. I don't really gain it too much either. I was in a show where I wasn't eating a lot, under 1600 calories a day, and dancing 3 hours a night for 3 months, not a single pound lost. I won't exercise for a week and eat "badly" and not really gain anything either. I also get chest pains, tight little pains around my chest area in random places(not really heart area). I also get leg and arm pains.

I brought this up to my doctor. Doc just gave me a laxative, the Go-Litely that you drink every 10 minutes? Cleaned me out, 12 pounds lighter the next day, but constipated again within the next couple days, even with fiber capsules,water,oatmeal,etc. He didn't seem too concerned and I would feel silly going back after getting the brush off. I'm only 19, pretty active, full time college student, and this is so frusterating. I'm sorry this was so long. Please point me in the right direction to feeling better.
 Dr. M. Mavru - Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:40 am

User avatar Dear Casey,
From your post I gather you are very concerned. Don' t be .
You have a lot of capricious pains. Forget them for the moment. Anything that does not repeats irself consistently is usually, and at your age almost always, functional.

That leaves us with constipation and related complaints. I wouldn't advice you for more colonic wash-outs, these are drastic measures.
Try also to tend your anal condition (perhaps a fissure) with whatever over the counter anti-hemorrhoidal product and sitz baths. Nitroglicerine ointments might also be helpful
 snowflake - Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:58 pm

please help me. for the last 2weeks i have been having severe pain just under my sternum. it then goes under my left and right ribs and eventually around my back. :cry: :cry: . it usually lasts around 10 minutes. more often then not it happens around2 or 3 in the morning, i have no gallbladder or appendix, please give me some idea as to what is going on. :) :)
 Dr. M. Mavru - Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:05 am

User avatar Dear snowflake,
Please state your age and weight.
Does the pain wakes you up in the middle of the night?
Are you on some kind of medication?
 snowflake - Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:13 pm

thank you for replying, i am a 35 year old female and weigh about 145lbs. i am currently taking zoloft for depression. i have been on it for about 5years now. yes, the pain does wake me up. i have recently had an ultrasound done on my liver, spleen, kidneys, etc. and allwas fine. also had an internal us done and that was fine aswell.
 Dr. M. Mavru - Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:06 am

User avatar The short duration of the pain might point to a functional cause, but the fact that it wakes you up from your sleep deserves better attention. A visit to your doctor might be helpful.
 snowflake - Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:01 am

thank you for answering, i have a dr appt. today. hopefully he will tell me what is wrong. i am glad sites like this are here. they really are informative. once again, thank you.

|