News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: help please

DWD_SYSTEM - Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:06 pm

I felt like i couldnt go # 2.. so i took the chance and put my finger into my rectum.. I didn't feel anything at all.when i pulled out my finger i saw blood.. I am very scared because as i read things online i see things like i could have tore some tissues ect.. i don't know what to do.im afraid i put my finger way to deep and tore something.. ... please help.. :cry:
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:51 am

User avatar Dwd,
It all depends on the amount of force you used. Either way, you need to be examined. You may have piles and this should be excluded. Did you bleed again after that?
 DWD_SYSTEM - Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:07 pm

I drank some magnesium citrate. I am able to go to the washroom now.. No sign of blood... Do i need to be checked out still?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:13 pm

User avatar If it was just that one incident you can follow a wait and see policy. Check your stools and undergarments for any signs of bleeding in the near future. If any bleeding or other symptoms should arise then it may be a good idea to get examined.
 DWD_SYSTEM - Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:40 pm

Ok thanks for your help :D

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here