Forum Name: Liver Diseases

Question: History of cirrhosis - now CT scan normal??

Margaret22 - Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:00 am

Hi I had a CT scan with contrass. They allready know I have early cirrhosis, is this for tumors only, the reason is it said it was normal. So it makes me think the cirrhosis is gone? It has been 3 years since my biospy & 2 years hep c cleard. Guess what I am asking is can they see cirrhosis early stage? I don't see my Dr for 5 months... Thanks :?: :?: :?: :?:
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:45 am

User avatar Hi Margaret22,
Please view my response to your other post. I would suggest that you notify your physician for an explanation of the CT Scan report. For example, if the CT Scan was ordered for progression of Cirrhosis, the radiologist would specifically look for this disorder (it essentially depends on the specifics of the ordering physician). The entire report needs reviewed verses reading the last line regarding normal/abnormal in which some people make the error of doing. Again, notify your physician's office and request that he or she return your call regarding this diagnostic procedure.

|