News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Sharp pains

NvRbLnK - Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:34 pm

Im 15 years old and i've been having extremely sharp pains that are mainly all around my stomach, no specific side/area, just everywhere, and occasionally i will feel them in my chest at the same time. Sometimes it can just be my chest. This usually only happens every few months, but it always hurts enough to remember exactly what it felt like the last time and usually last anywhere from 15 minutes to a few hours. I tryed to Google it but nothing came up with enough information about what this could be.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:19 pm

User avatar Hello,

It's very difficult to assess this symptom over the internet. Do you have any other symptoms such as excess gas, altered bowel habits. Are your symptoms associated with food ingestion?

Dyspepsia is upper abdominal pain or discomfort that is episodic or persistent and may be associated with belching, bloating, heartburn, nausea or vomiting.

Due to the limitations of the internet I have to ask you to get a clinical assessment by your physician.

Best regards.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here