News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Pain in stomach after eating

flip314 - Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:30 am

I am a w/f 32 years old and had galbladder and parts of my female organs removed in 1995. I have also had gastric bypass surgery in 2001. Every time I eat I get a sharp pain in my stomach that lasts about an hour. I have tried everything and nothing so far is working. I am eating liquids and that seems to be working. I have been eating this way for about a week and every time I eat something that is thicker that liquid I get this pain. The pain is very sharp and it occurs about two minutes after I swallow food. Please help all help is appreciated.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:38 pm

User avatar Hello,

If your pain is related to food intake it could be dyspepsia with ulcer-like symptoms. You would need to be examined to exclude the presence of anything serious.

Once it is determined that the condition is safe the patient may be given a trial of empiric antisecretory drug therapy.

Please refer to your doctor if you haven't already done so.

Best regards.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here