Question: Pain in stomach after eating

flip314 - Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:30 am

I am a w/f 32 years old and had galbladder and parts of my female organs removed in 1995. I have also had gastric bypass surgery in 2001. Every time I eat I get a sharp pain in my stomach that lasts about an hour. I have tried everything and nothing so far is working. I am eating liquids and that seems to be working. I have been eating this way for about a week and every time I eat something that is thicker that liquid I get this pain. The pain is very sharp and it occurs about two minutes after I swallow food. Please help all help is appreciated.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:38 pm

If your pain is related to food intake it could be dyspepsia with ulcer-like symptoms. You would need to be examined to exclude the presence of anything serious.

Once it is determined that the condition is safe the patient may be given a trial of empiric antisecretory drug therapy.

Please refer to your doctor if you haven't already done so.

|