Question: Appendicitis?

Tishay20 - Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:41 am

Hello, my name is Timothy Shay. I am a 21 year old male. 2 days ago I started to feel a slight pain in the front of my stomach. I believed it was gas because passing gas would relieve it. However, the pain started to move to my side and passing gas became very hard to do. Presently, the pain is isolated onto my right lower abdomen. It's easier to passs gas but still proves to be somewhat difficult. The pain will releve when I strech and/ or have a bowel movement. It's not a sharp pain, more like a discomfort. On a pain scale of 1-10 it's about a 5. I thought that it might be Appendicitis but I don't have any of the symptons. Also, I cannot find an explanation for a prevelance of gas. Thank you.
 MaryAnn N, RN - Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:01 am

User avatar Hi Timothy,
It could be several things. Did you change your diet recently? sometimes increasing vegtables, fruits and fiber in your diet can cause an increased amount of gas. Gas can be very painful. Sometimes people become sensitive to certain food items. How about keeping a food diary for a couple of weeks and see if you find any relationship to any types of food and your pain.

If your pain continues and you cannot find any other cause, if it worsens, or you develop, vomiting, diarhea and fever, don't hesitate to seek medical treatment ASAP. In that case it could be something more than food sensitivity.

Hope you start feeling better.

MaryAnnRN

|