Question: severe abdominal pain and diarrhea after running

jkat22 - Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:47 am

Since I was in high school (I'm 26 now), I've always ended up in the restroom with severe cramps and diahrrea after I've run outside (for anything over half a mile). I went to the doctor, and he changed my diet, thinking it was the grease in my breakfast affecting me (sausage and bacon, etc.) but after changing it to cereal, I still had the same results. But when I run inside, (on a treadmill) I don't have any of those symptoms, and I'm running 4-5 miles at a time. What is it about running outside that is affecting my system like this, and is there anything I can do so that I CAN finally be able to run outside like a normal person? Thanks.
 jkat22 - Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:50 am

I forgot to include I'm female, and as for family history, my mom has Lupus and Diabetes. I've never had surgery, and I'm not on medication.

|