News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: What's wrong with me, please?

Mariette - Thu May 06, 2004 8:05 am

Hi...

Not sure if this is on the topic, but here goes...
In the last month or so, my boyfriend has been for a few tests to determine the reason why he started having difficulty swallowing. Yesterday, he did two tests and told me over the phone that he hoped I would never have to go through it.
Now, surprise surprise, today on the bus to work my throat started feeling funny. It may be psychosomatic (is that the word?), but it's not my imagination.
When I swallow, I feel something lifting in the back of my throat and making a kind of clicking noise. I also find that swallowing is a bit more difficult than usual. My throat feels slightly swollen, and I feel the need for continuous swallowing.
What's wrong with me? I also have a lot of stress at work and at home, and obviously I worried about my boyfriend yesterday.

Please tell me it's all just my imagination and it will go away when I forget about it?

Mariette
 DeLWolcott - Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:36 pm

Your first indicator would be the diagnosis your boyfriend received. It is very possible that you are nervous about what he is going through at the moment and are overly-sensitive to any sensation in the same are where he is having problems.

I hope all tests went well.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here