Question: What's wrong with me, please?

Mariette - Thu May 06, 2004 8:05 am

Hi...

Not sure if this is on the topic, but here goes...
In the last month or so, my boyfriend has been for a few tests to determine the reason why he started having difficulty swallowing. Yesterday, he did two tests and told me over the phone that he hoped I would never have to go through it.
Now, surprise surprise, today on the bus to work my throat started feeling funny. It may be psychosomatic (is that the word?), but it's not my imagination.
When I swallow, I feel something lifting in the back of my throat and making a kind of clicking noise. I also find that swallowing is a bit more difficult than usual. My throat feels slightly swollen, and I feel the need for continuous swallowing.
What's wrong with me? I also have a lot of stress at work and at home, and obviously I worried about my boyfriend yesterday.

Please tell me it's all just my imagination and it will go away when I forget about it?

Mariette
 DeLWolcott - Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:36 pm

Your first indicator would be the diagnosis your boyfriend received. It is very possible that you are nervous about what he is going through at the moment and are overly-sensitive to any sensation in the same are where he is having problems.

I hope all tests went well.

|