Question: Rectal pain when sitting

syntel - Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:04 pm

I have been experiencing some strange pain in my rectal area ranging from a mild dull throbbing pain to a more severe dull spreading pain coming from the left side of the rectal area. At first there was some sharp pain when passing after eating spicy food but this has not happened again in the last week. Also there is no noticeable pain when passing but until recently there was a dull or tight sensation again on the left side of rectum when passing.

Right now there is no real noticeable pain at all when passing. Stool is passed about once a day and varies between med hard and soft depending on diet, the color varies and no blood is visible. Upon self inspection just inside the anus area I was unable to find any sore or tender areas but I did not go more than an inch or so inside the rectal area. There is not abdominal pain but discomfort in the area throughout the history of the problem would always disappear after sleeping and not sitting down and returned each day after prolonged sitting, which I have been doing a lot of and sometimes on hard surfaces; Again the pain is coming from the left side of the rectal area and would expand in the pressure I felt until it felt as though something was inside the area that shouldn't be in addition to generally odd sensations in the rectum including tingling and feeling the need to pass despite not needing to go. Please note: I have never engaged in any kind of anal sex so that is not an issue.

At this time the pain is more just discomfort, it has shown some improvement over the last few days as I have been trying not to sit down any more than needed. The closest explanation to the sensation I have right now is like sitting on something that is pressing up into my rectum, similar to how it feels when passing a hard stool, but of course there is no stool there that I know of.

I am currently out of work and have little money, so my only option would be to go the a local hospital and I am unsure even if I when how to proceed should I need further help.

Any thoughts, ideas or help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim
 ameeramaria - Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:57 am

Hi, Im 32 year old female, and have been having the same symptoms, did you ever ger a respose?
 syntel - Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:24 am

Sadly none.. :(
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:33 am

User avatar Hi syntel,
Internal hemorrhoids which are not visible may cause a feeling of an anal ache or pain, specifically with prolonged episodes of sitting. Itching may be present. There may also be discomfort with bowel movements, and small amounts of bright red blood may be present. However, any change in bowel habits, unexplained discomfort, requires an evaluation by your physician to identify the causative factor. I would suggest an evaluation.

|