News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Pain under Sternum and trip to ER

danny's Mom - Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:53 pm

Hello,
I am curious to see if someone may shed some light on these symptoms/problems that I have been having. (I am 25 years old and just had a baby 10 months ago FYI) These attacks will happen mainly in the evening time particularly after eating. It will start will a dull pain right underneath my sternum area and increase over several hours to a sharp painful pain. It is also accompanied my bloating and extreme tenderness of the upper stomach area. It was so horrible last night after five hours of suffering that i went to the local ER to find out something out. Other than having a low grade fever, the X-rays and bloodwork came back perfect. So, they concluded that I have a peptic ucler.
Does these symptoms portray that of an ulcer or I am thinking more along the lines of gallbladder problems. Any advice would be helpful! Thank you.
 danny's Mom - Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:55 pm

Well, I went this past Friday to have an ultrasound done of my gallbladder to see if there was any gallstones. Unfortunately, I have to wait until Tuesday of this coming week to find out any results from this.

Does anyone else have any advice on what is going on with my poor stomach/chest?
 motherof3 - Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:41 pm

Hello,
This sounds just like what I have been going through. I am now scheduled to have an Endoscope on the 20th of this month.

Best Wishes,
Janice
 danny's Mom - Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:48 pm

Thanks for your reply! After having an ultrasound done on my gallbladder, they determined that I had multiple gallstones and I actually just had surgery done yesterday morning to remove the gallbladder.So, Hopefully this will remedy all the problems :)
 motherof3 - Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:04 pm

Hello,
Wow you are so lucky to have had the gallstones showing. I know that sounds warped, but in my case, all tests have been normal except the MRCP scan so now I get to go through the endoscope.

Good luck on a fast recovery.
Janice

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here