News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Pain under rib cage also Gallbladder problems

clare_1975 - Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:10 pm

Hi there, My 32 year old sister has been diagnosed with having gall stones and was waiting for an op when she fell pregnant. She now has to wait until after she has the baby to have the op. However, she has been suffereing for the past week or so with severe stomach pains just under her rib cages that starts off in her back. She is in contant pain as soon as she eats anything at all and suffers extremely at night time. A Hot water bottle seems to ease it a little, she is on cocodamol for her gallstones but I am worried that this might be something else because she says it feel different. She looks terrible and has dark circles under her eyes. Can you throw any light on this or confrm that this could also be Galbladder problems. - Many thanks for your time.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:56 am

User avatar Hi clare_1975,
Gallbladder disease/dysfunction may make a person quite ill with significant pain, nausea, vomiting, etc. When this disorder is present, during prenancy, with all of the symptoms that may be associated especially during early pregnancy, I am not surprised she is so ill. I hope that she has been evaluated on a regular basis and she is doing better now........
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here