News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: colonoscopy question

hummingbird45 - Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:23 pm

I am a 60 year old female. Two years ago, I had some polyps removed in my colon. A few days later, I began bleeding. The doctor proceeded to check if the bleeding came as a result of removing the polyps. He could not reach the second polyp area as I began to bleed profusely and was admitted to the hospital where I had a blood transfusion. He thought maybe the second polyp could have been a larger one and it began to bleed. Ever since I have had problems with emitting lots of gas. Also I have trouble sleeping. I have high blood pressure and am currently taking Toprol XL 100 mg. and Hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg. Could my problems with emitting gas and sleeping be a result of problems with my colonoscopy?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:11 am

User avatar Hi hummingbird45,
If you were expelling gas for a short time after the procedure this would be an expected result because the bowel is filled with air to inflate it for visualization. To my knowledge it would not cause this symptom nor would it cause insomnia some two years later. In my opinion, I would relate the current symptoms to possibly another digestive disorder.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here