Question: Pain, low-grade fever,chest pain and fatigue.

Casey26 - Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:45 pm

Hello all.

So, after 5 hours in the ER last night and a quick 5 minute chat with the ER doctor who all but called me a liar, I am no closer to feeling better.

I'm 19, female, slightly overweight, but very healthy in general.

I do have a history of IBS, which is mainly constipation and stomach pains. However, a doctor perscribed me Paxil and the stomach pains are completely gone now.

I've noticed that my constipation is much worse recently. Before, I would have 3-4 bm's a week, now I'm lucky for 1.

For about the past month and a half, I've had the worst pain in the right side of my stomach. The pain is pretty constant, dull, but I have "attacks", sharp, where I can't move from pain. Mainly in under my right ribcage, but it travels lower. There is also a pain in my right side, and around my belly button. I'll feel the pain burn through to my back. Yawning/breathing deep/laughing/talking makes the pain worse.

I get these bizarre heat flashes where I'll get a lowgrade fever (about 99.7-100.8) that lasts anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour.

I also have constant,constant fatigue. My appetite's pretty much gone.

Pains along my rib cage and breast-area, where it feels tight, are present with the pains.

RX's are Yasmin, Paxil, and Valtrex for the cold sores I've gotten on my chin since I was a baby.

I've seen an internist, who perscribed the Paxil. A gastro doc gave me an endoscopy and a colonoscopy,which were clear. An ultrasound of my gallbladder showed no stones, but the pressure from the wand killed. I saw a surgeon who has scheduled a HIDA scan for tomorrow. Blood work from the ER was normal. Blood pressure low too. Appendicitis and urinary tract infections have been ruled out.

My gramma, grandpa and mom on my mom's side and a few aunt's on my dad's sidd have had gallbladders out.

Does this sound like it could be gallbladder? I'm at my wit's end, I don't know what to do for the pain, I don't even know what it is since there are no stones present. Please help with any ideas or anything else I should be doing.
 Casey26 - Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:15 pm

Update:

I had the HIDA scan today. Just a little cramping in my right side under rib cage, and some pressue on my lower abdomin. But, as soon as I sat up, I about passed out, and the dizziness lasted for about 2 hours afterward, along with the worst stomach cramps that are STILL affecting me. I had a saltine cracker today (nurse though my blood sugar was low)which made me feel awfully nauseaus.The tech and nurse were really worried, because it wasn't supposed to do anything after I was injected, they followed with saline. The gallbladder ejected in the hour or 2 i was there. I'm really worried, please help me out.

|