News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: MRCP Results

motherof3 - Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:18 pm

From what the scan showed, everything is normal. My PCP is thinking that yes, I did in fact have gallstones and one may have blocked the common bile duct, but over time managed to break free and become dislodged. So for now, I am back to normal and if I have any more flare ups it will be an immediate removal of my gallbladder.

Theresa, thank you again for all your assistance and dedication to this forum. You have been awesome!!
Janice
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:08 am

User avatar Hi Janice,
I am very glad to hear that you are doing better and I hope you stay that way ;) I sincerely thank you for the overwhelmingly kind comment and I want to also thank you for using http://www.doctorslounge.com
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:10 pm

User avatar Hi Janice,
I wanted to also make this addition for future reference. Please post updates or additional questions regarding the same topic under the original or ongoing thread as this will provide not only consistency on a particular subject but will be much less confusing when someone else is searching for information regarding that topic, (which is stated in the forum guidelines/rules) Otherwise it's essentially sort of walking in on only part of a conversation which is not exceptionally helpful to others and doesn't make much sense. Thank you for your consideration and cooperation in this matter. For the future reference for others, links that coincide regarding this topic are found below.
Question on Hida scan today (original post):
Click here!
Question on MRI of Gallbladder
Click here!
Vomiting has coffee grounds appearance
Click here!
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN
 motherof3 - Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:46 am

Theresa,
Well, just when things were on the up and up, I wind up back in the ER with another attack. Talk about fustration and that is exactly where I am at currently.

I went into see my PCP and now he is wanting to do an Upper Endoscopy that is currently scheduled for April 20th and put me on AcipHex 20mg. Now he didn't tell me what that is for so I haven't even started taking it. After having knowledge of my history with this so far, any ideas what this med is for? I know it is used for H-Pylori and GERD, but am not understand the relation of it's use in gallbladder attacks, do you?

So anyway, I feel as if I am back at base one yet again, and have lost another 5 pounds but am again eating fine with no other attacks since tuesday.

Thanks in advance.
Janice
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:11 am

User avatar Hi Janice,
The medication Aciphex is used for treatment of GERD and H. Pylori. It is also used in disorders causing gastric hypersecretion, for example, duodenal ulcers, erosive/ulcerative GERD, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (pancreatic/duodenal tumors). Since episodes of hypersecretions may cause inflammation and scarring, etc.,in my opinion, the medication may be effective in reducing the attacks.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN
 motherof3 - Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:32 pm

Theresa,
Thank you for the information on that med. I will start taking it today now that I understand the corelation to the gallbladder.
Janice

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here