Question: stomach pain

clairebear9898 - Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:43 pm

I'm a 18 y/o female. Sometimes I get pain in my stomach to the right of my bellybutton. It's strong pressure and it only happens every once and awhile and only when I'm standing up. It's not anything womanly related b/c the pain is higher up....at the same level as my bellybutton. Any help??
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu May 18, 2006 3:09 pm

There are many causes for pain around the umbilcus (periumbilical region).

Pain in the periumbilical region arises from viscera of the midgut (eg, small intestine, appendix, ascending colon, proximal two thirds of the transverse colon).

Your pain may also originate from the abdominal wall.

I hope you feel better.