News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: anal cancer

 janeshcherba - Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:29 pm

I just found this painless bulging thing stickign out from the end of my anus. How do I tell a differance between a hemorroid and anal caner?

Thank You
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:45 am

User avatar Hello,

Anal cancer is not a common condition. So that's a point that is in favor of hemorrhoids, which is considered common.

Both conditions can present with an anal mass, pain and hemorrhage. However, differentiating between the two is not a problem, as the diagnosis of hemorrhoids is often readily established by clinical examination.

You must have it examined as soon as possible.

Best regards.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions
advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application


Useful Sites


Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2017
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here