Question: Please help any suggestions

babygirl8679 - Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:39 am

Hello I am a 26 yr old female and although this site is not new to me I would really appreciate some new information on a few symptoms that have occured over the last few weeks. I still have the right upper quad pain( feels like I have been punched in the gut most of the time) with intermitten sharp pains almost daily. The nausea I was feeling 24/7 has subsided to on and off several times a week. I feel very tired all the time now though and I urinated quite often especially at night (up about 5-6 times to use the restroom) I am scheduled for a doctors appointment the 1st of May to possibly be scheduled for another hida scan test. My pcp wants to test for diabetes also but I am not seeing the relevance to my symptoms I had a hb a1c test done and it was 5.8% so I am not sure what that means. I have heard of mrcp and ercp and am wondering if those will help me? Also ibs has been ruled out. This has been going on since before Thanksgiving and I just wish to feel normal again.Does anyone have any suggestions or the same problems that I have been having any info would be appreciated. I feel alone in all of this madness. I do notice when I am nauseated I tend to drink alot of water to help calm me down and 7 outof 10 times it seems to help. I have taken 6 weeks of prilosec and zantac for the mild distal esphogatitis but other than that globulus sensation I was feeling going away I have noticed no other improvements. Thanks for taking the time to read my nightmare
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon May 01, 2006 5:52 am

User avatar Hi babygirl8679,
HbA1c measures glucose levels of the proceeding three months. This is a relatively simple test that is used to monitor how well blood sugar levels are controlled. I did notice in one of your previous posts, if I'm not mistaken, that you had a fasting blood sugar level in the 130's which would be considered elevated. Signs and symptoms of Diabetes Mellitus (type I) may include increased thirst, frequent urination, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, etc. Type II may include the above symptoms but may also include blurred vision, slow healing wounds etc. Taking into account that this is some of your symptoms would be the reason the diagnostics were suggested to evaluate for this disorder. You can inquire at the time of your evaluation about the other diagnostics, ie, ercp etc. but a HIDA Scan ejection fraction of 48% as you mentioned in your other post would be near normal. This test is used to detect a dysfunctional gallbladder (sluggish/not working properly) but does not typically identify stones, etc. Good luck with your upcoming appointment.
 babygirl8679 - Mon May 01, 2006 2:56 pm

Went to doctor today they did another hba1c and it was 4.4% so he said diabetes would not be a concern for me. He is also doing another cat scan of abdomin and pelvic region with contrast which I had done about 3 months ago. I am not sure why he is doing this since the last one showed no abnormalities any suggestions? Also refering me to a cardiologist to have a doppler done of my heart even though again I am not sure why he says my heart sounds normal and I am not complaining of chest pains just the right upper quad pain nausea fatigue and frequent urination especially at night. Also if I may add when I lay down on my left side at night I have to turn over because in the same place ( right upper quad) where I get my pain after meals it feels like something like a ball or something maybe is poking me and makes me uncomfortable any ideas on what this may be?Thanks for your time

|