Forum Name: Liver Diseases

Question: Possible problems?

Sil3nt - Tue May 23, 2006 7:56 pm

I am an alcoholic of approximately 2 years, and am 20 years old. I recently had a drinking episode which lasted 3 days. I am now going to go to AA since the feelings i am experiencing have finally made me re think my life and where its headed. Currently, it has been 2 days since i drank, but I am experiencing some frightening symptoms such as not wanting to eat, unusual sweating sometimes, stomach pain, slight dizziness at moments and lack of concentration, kind of a heated sensation around the ribs on my right side, itchy skin and palms, and a rapid heartbeat that is sometimes weak feeling. I am wondering if i should go to the ER and what is happening to me... Please help.
 Sil3nt - Fri May 26, 2006 7:18 pm

hi

i am ok now, i went to see an urgent care doctor at a walk in clinic who wouldnt feel my liver or anything like that because he said it really wasnt his area... i think that was a total lie. Anyhow, i am now going to AA and doing fairly well, but i still feel like something is wrong. Can anyone tell me what i should do, and what may have happened?

thank you
 bodave2 - Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:40 pm

Im no doc, but the itchy sensation that you feel that is concentrated on your hands is from hyperbilirubinemia Ive had it 2 times, makes your skin crawl and the itching wont go away. thats when your liver enzimes are elivated and could be caused by manny things, obviously your levels dident stay high for long so your lucky, last time i had that itching it lasted for months and I thought I was dieing. You should get some blood work done to rule out anything dangerous.

-Dave

|