Question: lower right quadrant pain

Heaven - Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:04 am

25 year old female, sexually active.
Previous surgery to remove cervical dysplasia.

I have pain in the lower right area of my stomach, right next to my hip bone. It isnt a bad pain, but its always there, like, an annoying thing. It started about 4 days ago. When I push down on that area, it causes a sharp pain, and there is something inflammed in there. I can feel a large hard area.
Im not sure if this is a bowel obstruction, as I have been able to go since this started, or if it could possibly be an ectopic pregnancy. As I said, the pain isnt very bad, except when I push down on that area.

I was wondering what could possibly cause this. I worry because I can definatly feel something in there that wont go away.

I don't have any insurance, and I don't even have a PCP, so going to the doctor to get checked out isnt very easy, I would go if nessessary.
Any input on what could be causeing this would be appriciated.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:01 am

User avatar Hi Heaven,
Most areas have programs to assist people whom are uninsured/underinsured that provide health care access at a reduced cost or free, typically based on income. Right lower quadrant pain may arise for a variety of reasons. For example, ovarian cysts, appendicitis, etc., just to mention a couple, specifically cause abdominal pain. Are you experiencing a fever, nausea, vomiting? Aside from those symptoms when you say you are experiencing pain when applying pressure in this area, is it worse with the application of pressure or worse with the quick release of pressure? I would suggest an evaluation by a physician especially if any of the aforementioned symptoms are present.
 Heaven - Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:58 pm

Thank you for replying to my post.

I do not qualify for low cost health care because my income is to high. The guidlines for healthcare are very low. I will be insured through my job in one more month.

I am not experiencing any other symptoms that you mentioned, becides feeling bloated and and the pain. The pain is constant, and worse when I press down, there is no pain when releasing the pressure.
from what I read about apendicitis, it would get progressivly worse over about a 72 hour period, and this has been going on for 5 days now, but does not seem to be getting much worse.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:17 am

User avatar Hi Heaven,
Rebound pain (pain much worse with quick withdrawal of pressure) is associated with appendicitis. Bloating and pain may be related to other disorders of the digestive or reproductive organs. Keep in mind that most physician's will accept payment plans for office visits, especially if they are prearranged. I would still suggest an evaluation.

|