News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Emergancy or No?Severe Stomach Pressure

Xoeitheror - Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:50 am

Im an 18 yr old male and my only previous stomach problem history is a case of GERD i had tears in my asophogous and was prescribed nexium,since ive stopped taking it.

Anyways its 5:30 in the morning now where I live and I just awoke with severe stomach pressure,my stomach feels like it swollen and is going to explode and it feels like im going to throw up like my stomach is just gonna come out of my mouth its so swollen.I cant fall back asleep so bad,I feel like its restricting my breathing a bit.So i tried going to the bathroom and my feces was very small and I didnt go very much,i had a little bit of diareah too after i had a bowel movement is didnt relief it.I still feel just as bad.I was wondering if this sounds like something I should goto the emergancy room for or just my normal doctor? Im really scared.
 Xoeitheror - Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:33 pm

Xoeitheror wrote:Im an 18 yr old male and my only previous stomach problem history is a case of GERD I had tears in my asophogous and was prescribed nexium,
since ive stopped taking it.

Anyways its 5:30 in the morning now where I live and I just awoke with severe stomach pressure,
my stomach feels like it swollen and is going to explode and it feels like im going to throw up like my stomach is just gonna come out of my mouth its so swollen.
I cant fall back asleep so bad,
I feel like its restricting my breathing a bit.
So I tried going to the bathroom and my feces was very small and I didnt go very much,
I had a little bit of diareah too after I had a bowel movement is didnt relief it.
I still feel just as bad.
I was wondering if this sounds like something I should goto the emergancy room for or just my normal doctor? Im really scared.

So here I am a week after first having this problem and making this post.I took a visit to the family doctor(keep in mind this is the one that never does anything)she walked in and asked me my symptoms prescribed me prevacid and said she was sure it had to do with my GERD,i asked her if she was going to do any tests or if there were any other possible causes and all she did was reassure me that it was my GERD.Its a week later now and Im still experiencing the feeling of being very full,Sometimes im nautious usually when waking up in the morning.I sitll have the feeling as if my insides were going to come out my mouth but its not really normal bloated feeling,its like there is something in my stomach keeping it expanded(who knows maybe it is gas or something) but passing gas usually doesnt relief it.Nor does going to the bathroom,Ive had diareah for the whole past week and very small bowel movements which do not feel relieving Ive also been experiencing a shortness of breath.

Im here not because I want a completel diagnosis but I was wondering if someone could let me know if this a serious issue or not(worthy of me going to a doctor further away besides my family doctor)I need to know what some of the possibilites of this are,because my doctor doesnt like running tests and do it almost under no circumstances the only way they will is if i asks them to run some certain tests,could u possibly let me know what tests should be ran for such a problem?

COuld someone please let me know if this could be caused by my GERD and what else these symptoms can be caused by.IM 17 years old and overweight 200 lbs and 6 ft tall and I feel as if I am having some serious stomach issues here other than my esophogitis and my GERD.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here