Question: 3 week abdominal pain/fullness/diarrhea

Xoeitheror - Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:46 pm

It's been 3 weeks since I first made a post on these forums about my stomach problem,If wanted you can refer back to my other post.To clear up a little history I have GERD and had tears in my esopoghous about 8 months ago,for whch i was prescribed nexium,i stopped talking that about 3-4 months ago because it was making me nausiated..Im an 18 year old male 210 lbs 6 ft im pretty out of shape.3 Weeks ago i awoke with stomach pressure pain and feeling very sick.Ever since I have been experiencing sevure pressure in my stomach,it feels like its always fulli cant eat beacuse of it.Ive also experinced numerous adombinal pain most of which are inconsistent and different almost every time.The one reoccuring pain i ahve is in my lower left abdomin it feels like i have been constipated and havent taken a bowel movement in froever.Ive also had bad diarrhea for exactly 3 weeks now!( my bowel movements arent always completely diareah but have been bright/pale lime green ever since i first got sick!,usually partly diareah and part solid very small pieces with mucus/foamy stuff floating around the parts that arent diarrhea.Ive always been experiencing headaches and dizziness and have the sensation of their being a lump in my throat.I always have the tendency to feel the urge to urinate frequently.Ive visited my family doctor twice the first time didnt do anything but prescribe me prevacid solutab for my GERD.The second visit was one week ago,where they did various blood test checking my kidney and liver function(not exactly sure what they did but it was fine)They prescribed me dicyclomine and sent me home.Ever since ive been sick I have barely been able to eat,mostly just soup in small amounts( i have been drinking large amounts of powerade also)Ive lost 22lbs since i first got sick.

Im just worried since the doctor didnt really do any tests or anything and the dycyclomine hasnt helped ive been taking it for 6days.Im running no fever but what are the possibilites of some sort of inflamation in my intestinal tract or stomach or colon?Could this be some sort of bacterial problem??A couple of my friends have got e.coli im worried that I may also have it?What do these symptoms sound like?and what are some diagnostic test I should ask for next time I visit the doctor.I want to rule out serious/deadly causes as soon as possible since ive been sick for almost a month now.

Id really appreciate if i got one of yours input.I don't really know who else to ask for help since my family doctor doesnt do anything!

Pleaaase respond
 Xoeitheror - Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:38 am

I finally got into a doctor and he sent me for a hida scan.It showed that the ejction fraction of my gallbladderis low(i think thats what it was)

I was wondering if this could be caused because I went a month without eating,because of my abdominal pains ect.I basically was on a liquid diet.If not what are some other causes of this?

He prescribed medicine and if it doesnt work I could possibly have to get surgery.

What are the odds that id have to get surgery,im young 18 yrold male and i shouldnt have gallbladder problems

|