News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Question about CAT scan results???

Onelildarlin2u - Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:10 am

I had a CAT scan done in the ER and besides finding a kidney stone and a large mass on my ovary, they also said I had severe inflammation and thickening on my large intestine. What could this mean? My gyn doctor said my CAT scan was not done under contrast and she has never seen this show up on a regular scan. I plan on making an appt after the holidays but I would just like to know what this could be? The problem was only on the right side of the intestines. I had surgery about 3years ago to repair a recto vaginal fistula...could it have anything to do with that?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:41 am

User avatar Hi Onelildarlin2u,
Based on the information that has been provided it would be very difficult to pinpoint the causative factor. However, just as an example, adhesions/scar tissue occasionally forms after surgical procedures and this could be one explanation. I would certainly hope that repeat diagnotics, ie., CT Scan with and without contrast, etc., will be considered.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN
 Onelildarlin2u - Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:16 pm

Just an update....after a few days of constant vomiting and stomach pain I called to make me an appt with a gastro doctor. They said I needed a refferal so I called my GYN who had my CAT scan results. They said they would call me back with an appt. Instead a nurse called me and told me to be at the diagnostic center Friday at 10:15 and I have to drink some stuff until 12? Then they will do a test. She didn't explain what kind of test or why......I thought I would go to a regular doctors appt before they scheduled any type of test. When I do try to eat something it feels like my stomach is on fire. A severe burning in the center on my stomach followed by vomiting. I hope they find something out soon.......

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here