News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Strange abdominal pain

shemabeliever - Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:37 pm

I am 35 yrs old, female, I have had 5 c-sections last one being in 2001. I have also had my tubes tied in 2001. I am not taking any medications.

Woke up and as basically every morning had my scheduled BM ( I did not strain myself ) and within minutes after I started having severe pain in my groin/pelvic area, so bad I could hardly walk/sit/lay down, felt lightheaded and felt as if I might pass out . A couple hours later the pain then traveled up to the rib area and sides as the form of crampy gassy feeling .

i've had a c-section a few years ago . Wondered if it had anything to do with the scar tissue, or my uterus, or even (as diagnosis.com suggested it might be) eptopic pregnancy. I did have my tubes tied .

Now I passed a little gas (sorry if TMI) and that lower pelvic/groin pains seems to be gone.

It is night time now and I feel as if someone jumped all over my insides, I feel sore inside various parts of my belly.

I have not been constipated so I just don't get what happened anyone ever experience this before? it was very scary though .
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:24 pm

User avatar Hello,

Abdominal pain is a nonspecific symptom for many medical conditions.

Your problem sounds to be related to the GIT rather than a gynecological problem.

GI Causes include:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome that gives a picture of :
Abdominal pain or colic
A bloated abdomen
Gaseous distension
Either Diarrhea or constipation or an alternating between both of them
Certain types of foods contain, chocolate, milk and alcohol might cause constipation or diarrhea
Stress increases the frequency and the severity of symptoms in almost all cases.

-Excess gas and distension :
Gas in the intestine is produced by the act of bacteria on the food while being digested.
The common causes of excess gas are
Eating certain types of food that are not easily digested.
Eating certain types of food that are not tolerated by the GI (due to lack of certain digestive enzymes as in the case of lactose intolerance).

- Indigestion : in these cases there is a change in the bowel habit with the passage of undigested food.
Colitis (infectious): usually associated with diarrhea and loose stool.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here