Question: Strange abdominal pain

shemabeliever - Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:37 pm

I am 35 yrs old, female, I have had 5 c-sections last one being in 2001. I have also had my tubes tied in 2001. I am not taking any medications.

Woke up and as basically every morning had my scheduled BM ( I did not strain myself ) and within minutes after I started having severe pain in my groin/pelvic area, so bad I could hardly walk/sit/lay down, felt lightheaded and felt as if I might pass out . A couple hours later the pain then traveled up to the rib area and sides as the form of crampy gassy feeling .

i've had a c-section a few years ago . Wondered if it had anything to do with the scar tissue, or my uterus, or even (as diagnosis.com suggested it might be) eptopic pregnancy. I did have my tubes tied .

Now I passed a little gas (sorry if TMI) and that lower pelvic/groin pains seems to be gone.

It is night time now and I feel as if someone jumped all over my insides, I feel sore inside various parts of my belly.

I have not been constipated so I just don't get what happened anyone ever experience this before? it was very scary though .
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:24 pm

Abdominal pain is a nonspecific symptom for many medical conditions.

Your problem sounds to be related to the GIT rather than a gynecological problem.

GI Causes include:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome that gives a picture of :
Abdominal pain or colic
A bloated abdomen
Gaseous distension
Either Diarrhea or constipation or an alternating between both of them
Certain types of foods contain, chocolate, milk and alcohol might cause constipation or diarrhea
Stress increases the frequency and the severity of symptoms in almost all cases.

-Excess gas and distension :
Gas in the intestine is produced by the act of bacteria on the food while being digested.
The common causes of excess gas are
Eating certain types of food that are not easily digested.
Eating certain types of food that are not tolerated by the GI (due to lack of certain digestive enzymes as in the case of lactose intolerance).

- Indigestion : in these cases there is a change in the bowel habit with the passage of undigested food.
Colitis (infectious): usually associated with diarrhea and loose stool.

|