News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Constant Stomach Problem

oneinamillion - Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:35 pm

For the pas 11 months I've been having a very bad stomach problem. I get a lot of stomach discomfort like excess lower gas, and a burning sensation in my stomach. I have been to the doctor a lot of times now and I just gave up on them cause they did all these test and they still don't know what's wrong with me. They gave me medicine for all these different things like irritable bowl syndrome, GERD, ulcers, etc. and non of them worked and some of those medicines made me get all these side effects like drowsiness, dizziness, etc.so I just stop taking them. What's wrong with me?
 Dr. L. Chu Go - Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:30 am

Hello oneinamillion,

Do you usually skip meals, how often? when you eat, does the burning pain go away or worsens? your medications will help but the best treatment of all would be to eat on time and eat also in between meals (light snacks will do like crackers/cookies), cut down on caffeine, smoking and alcohol as these can add irritation to your stomach lining.

In the meantime, you can take Omeprazole 4x a day and aluminum/magnesium hydroxide 30min before or after meals 3x a day and one at bedtime for 2-3 weeks. These medications help control the secretion of acid and neutralization of acid respectively in your stomach to help relieve the burning pain that you always feel.

MD

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here