News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: left side pain, gas, mucus upchuck

faith1135 - Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:00 am

I am a 23 year old female that has pain in my left abdomen stomach area and when I press it you can hear and feel the gas in it. It causes burping and constipation. Along with this I spit up these mucus globs atleast twice a day. These symptoms have been recurring for the past 6 months but I have no insurance so can't afford a doctor visit. My mother has had issues with acid reflux disease. I just want to know what this could be?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:31 am

User avatar Hello,

Patients may complain of gaseousness as a descriptive term to describe many different gastrointestinal complaints, including bloating, borborygmi, abdominal pain, belching, cramping, and flatulence.

Chronic abdominal distention or bloating are commonly associated with an underlying functional gastrointestinal disorder, eg, irritable bowel syndrome or nonulcer dyspepsia. Dietary fat may delay intestinal gas clearance, hence reducing fat in the diet may be helpful.

Belching is also a common symptom in GERD. I wish I could help you more but there is nothing to replace a direct medical examination. Maybe our Senior Nurse can help us with the insurance issue?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:09 am

User avatar Hi faith1135,
there are many programs that provide health access to those whom are uninsured/underinsured at a reduced cost or free typically based on income/need. Below you will find some information regarding access and I hope this is helpful. Best wishes.
Click here!
Click here!
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here