Forum Name: Liver Diseases

Question: Liver enzimes, need help

bodave2 - Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:40 pm

I first had a issue when i was 17. I started iching all over and had tingeling in my hands and feet , had high bilirubin levels and alcaline phosphate so I thought i had mono or hepititus but all was negative. I then got a sonogram and it was normal, the Clorestamine they put me on got rid of the itching and i had no swelling in my liver and eventualy they just said I was "growing" and had nothing to worrie about. 6 years later and its come back. I had sever itching and i knew what it was instantly. Same tests High bilirubin and high alcaline phosphate. Tested for HEP and all clean. Got a sonogram, nothing abnormal. Im on Phonobarbital and clorestamine and the itching is gone. My last lab showed all enzymes back in normal range but now i have pain in uper right quadrent and back. Could this be a side effect of the clorestamine becouse im very constipated. Also im going to go see a GI when i get some money but in the mean time im so scared. what could this be ? its obviously chronic

any ideas?

-David Bohannon
 bodave2 - Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:14 am

one more thing, I was reading about Autoimmune Hepatitis and it freaked me out becouse a symptom is spider angiomas and I had one zaped off my face THIS YEAR! my doctor seemed to think im fine but everything is seeming to point to some horrable liver problem.

|