Question: Muscles used in bowel movements

Poda - Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:57 pm

I've been having a lot of trouble with bowel movements. It feels like a physical problem, because 2 colonoscopies aren't revealing the problem. It's basically like it's hard to do like my muscles are squeezing incorrectly, but there's nothing I can do about it apparently. Anyway, can anyone name some specific muscles used in having bowel movements? The area I feel that seems to be giving me the trouble is sort of in my right lower abdomen, it like gets real tight when I start to use the bathroom.
 Dr. Leigh Anderson - Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:09 pm

User avatar In order to provide you with accurate information, can you please answer the questions in the topic area located to the left of this box. It will help me give you information.

Thank You

Dr. Anderson

|