Question: Colitis problems?

shabbychic - Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:57 pm

I am a lady of 57 years and I have U. Colitis. At present I am taking Purinethol 50 mg. I have been on this for the last 7 mths. I have improved but also I have I think another problem. I am getting waist level sharp pains that take my breath away. These however are short lived. I am also having a problem with urinating as I stop and start. I am finding that I just have a little output rather that a steady stream. During the night I am up often because I feel the need to go but I don't seen to empty completely. When I have a bowel movement which does not happen often it is little and mostly blood and what looks like pus. Is it possible that I am swollen inside and that is why? I have an appointment with my gastro Dr. in April, but I am in a little pain and am getting very tired of all of this. I should mention that in the last few months I have gained 22 lbs. I seems that if I don't go to the bathroom then I gain?? What do you think could be wrong.
My past history is nslc surgery 4 years ago. So far cancer free.Thank you for reading my post.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:30 pm

User avatar One possible explanation is a urinary tract infection. You should be evaluated for this by your doctor.

It is also possible that you may have some swelling that is occluding your urethra some.

I would recommend that you be evaluated by your doctor and your GI specialist as soon as you are able. You may be able to call your GI doctor and get in sooner if there is a cancellation.

|