News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Liver Diseases

Question: sombody... anybody ....please help me???!!!!!

kimberley - Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:57 pm

I have recently found out that my mom has cirrhosis of the liver from drinking.my siblins andI don't really think she has much time left. Her skin and eye are yellow her stomach is huge.My problem is she is telling us she only has to take vitamins,we know that that is not true my concern is do you know other symptoms we can look for to figure out how much time we have left with her.She isn't telling us anything but we knew this was comin she has been a drinker or abot 40 yrs. Please anybody any advice would be helpful.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:13 am

User avatar Dear kimberley,
Please refer to our link on liver failure (click here!) for a brief review of the manifestations of late stage liver disease. To estimate survival in these patients physicians use a scoring system called the Child scoring system. Please use the following link to read about the Child system: click here!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here