News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: mild chest pain....feeling bloated

dom2147 - Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:15 am

quick question....i caught a cold....started takin over the counter could medicine...then...out of hte blue....i started having mild abdominal pain and started feelin bloated alot.....started belchin more often and after every meal i felt full...i read about GERD and I am concerned i may have this....i just get this feelin in my stomach every so often that i am extremely hungry and it starts making noise.....im 26 just had a physical and i am in great shape....but this all of a sudden just came on...what should i do....i started takin some mylanta before i went to bed but other than that i am just going bout my normal way of life....if you can give me some advice that would be great
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:27 pm

User avatar You may have a case of gastritis from the cold you have. Gastritis is inflammatin of the stomach and often can feel very similar to reflux/indigestion.

The mylanta or other antacids may help. You should avoid ibuprofen as it can irritate the stomach lining until you are better.

If you are not getting better, or if you are getting worse, I recommend you see your doctor.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here