News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Burning pain

jendemuth - Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:11 pm

30 y-o, white female

Doctor had previously guesses pain in bottom rib

Rotator cuff surgery

Mom has lupus, grandmother has diabetes

Currently taking lexapro 100mg

I've had a burning pain in my right side for the past three years. I used to have it twice a month or so, but over the past two weeks, I've felt it multiple times a day. It feels like something is on fire in my side and is trying to push itself outward. There was no sign of this pain durin gthe 8 months I was pregnant in '04. Is this my liver? If not could you recommend me to the proper forum?

Much thanks!!!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:15 pm

User avatar Burning pain is often due to nerve problems. It may be that you have damaged a nerve that supplies the area you are feeling the pain in.

There are some medications that more specifically help with nerve pain that you may want to talk with your doctor about.

It would be unusual for the liver to be causing burning type pain.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here