Question: Burning pain

jendemuth - Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:11 pm

30 y-o, white female

Doctor had previously guesses pain in bottom rib

Rotator cuff surgery

Mom has lupus, grandmother has diabetes

Currently taking lexapro 100mg

I've had a burning pain in my right side for the past three years. I used to have it twice a month or so, but over the past two weeks, I've felt it multiple times a day. It feels like something is on fire in my side and is trying to push itself outward. There was no sign of this pain durin gthe 8 months I was pregnant in '04. Is this my liver? If not could you recommend me to the proper forum?

Much thanks!!!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:15 pm

User avatar Burning pain is often due to nerve problems. It may be that you have damaged a nerve that supplies the area you are feeling the pain in.

There are some medications that more specifically help with nerve pain that you may want to talk with your doctor about.

It would be unusual for the liver to be causing burning type pain.

|