News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: appendix: am I being paranoid (again)

Eierannach - Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:46 am

I have many very valid intestinal trouibles, having had a resection last October and recurrence in prolapse and constipation. But when it comes to my appendix I am excessively paranoid. Though my abdominal pain is generally localized to the left side, I woke up with some bad cramping on my right side. I did lead a fitness class yesterday and concentrated on obliques, but this feels deeper.

There is no rebound tenderness when I press into McBurney's point, but I always have have sharp pains in the periumbilical region. Today is no more or no less than is typical.

I do feel a little sick to my stomach today, but straining during bowel movements tends to cause some turmoil in my stomach (I also have gastroparesis)

In addition, I passed some blood this morning while straining, though it has stopped and it wasn't a large amount. My INR (I take 12.5 mg of coumadin daily for portal vein thrombosis) is very high, appx an integer above theupper limit of my therapeutic range on account of not keeping my vitamin K levels consistent last week.

does this require further medical scrutiny? Last time I went I felt silly because the pain subsided the moment I entered the ER. Plus this very well could be an ovarian cyst.

Thanks for your help!
 Eierannach - Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:59 am

Sorry....forgot to add I am a 22 year old female and there is only cardiac history in my family

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here