Question: anal bumps, no pain

lsk07 - Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:38 am

A month or two ago, I felt an uncomfortable pain in my anal area and there was a large lump present. the next day, it seemed to have burst and i thought that was the end of it. since then, i have had one or two tiny 'sacs' or 'bumps' around the area, that don't hurt and aren't hard. they are located around the opening and have a squsihy feel. i am a 21 year old female with no prior surgeries, problems, diagnoses, etc. the number of bumps varies from 1 to 2, but are always in the same location.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:48 pm

User avatar It is possible that you have some blocked pores or ducts in the skin that are becoming filled with fluid and debris. A skin infection with a bacterial such as staph is also possible although this is generally painful.

If you are sexually active, STD's should be a consideration although from your description it really doesn't seem like an STD.

I would recommend that you be evaluated by your doctor if the lumps do not go away soon.

lsk07 - Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:42 am

Thank you for the response Dr. Lowe,

If these are blocked pores, are they easy to get rid of?

Also, could it be any type of hemorrhoid?

And you mentioned that it may be an STD, but if that were the case, wouldn't it be somewhat painful?

Thank you
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:47 pm

User avatar Hi, in response to your questions, STD's are not always painful.

A hemorrhoid is possible but your description does not make me think this is high on the list. Still, this should be checked for.

Depending on the location of a blocked pore, it may easily be drained or possibly may require a relatively simple procedure to "permanently" open the pore so it does not continue to reaccumulate.

|