Question: Skin Hanging around Anus

hiphopper22 - Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:11 am

1. 22
2. Male
3. None
4. No prior Surgeries
5. Sibling with Chrons disease
6. No medication

About last month i started to notice I had a piece of skin hanging around my anus. It seems that when I go to the bathroom, it starts to bleed, and after wiping it sometimes bleeds. I have a weak stomach and have had a lot of stomach cramps before, and my sister has been diagnosed with Chrohns disease. I looked at it and it was just flesh color and thought it might just go away, but it has not been. I looked at it again and noticed that it tip of it is turning white. It has not really been painful (sometimes very minor while going to the bathroom). I have looked at many pictures of hemorroids online, but it seems to look much different and like I said it's basically "hanging" on there, I could easily pull it off (but I'm sure that would not be the smartest thing).. Does this sound like symptoms of an anal fissure? Please help, thank you very much.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:34 pm

User avatar You may simply have a perianal skin tag or it may be a skin flap from a small anal fissure.

You are correct that it would not be the best option to remove the tag yourself. The area is prone to infection.

If it is causing you any problems you should see your doctor. It can probably be removed quite easily.

|