News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Bright Red Blood in water and on Tissue

BFloyd - Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:31 pm

I am a 35 year old Male in fairly decent health.

I went to my Doctor and talked to her about the Pain and the Bright Red Blood on my BM as well as in the bowl. She checked and found a few Hemaroids and told me to increase my fiber intake as well as more fluids. I do not have any one that has had Colon cancer in my family, Though there have been cases of lung cancer. I have only had one opperation and that was a Angiograhm but that was good and still in a little pain from that. My doctor gave me Sapository Pills to use and i have been trying to use them 2 times a day and still seems not have improved the pain as well as the bleeding. It does not bleed all the time but it does a majority of the time and it is painfull to evacuate the BM. I am just wandering if there could be any other issues that could be causing it and is there some things i can do besides go back to my doctor for some more tests.

B
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:44 pm

User avatar Your symptoms are consistent with bleeding hemorrhoids. These can be quite painful, especially during BM's. You may want to try taking an oral stool softener such as docusate to soften your stools and ease trauma on the hemorrhoids.

To help the hemorrhoids you should try to avoid straining. Soft stools will also help reduce the trauma causing the bleeding. If your bleeding does not stop in the next 3-4 days you should see your doctor again. Occasionally, procedures need to be done to stop the bleeding.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here