News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Unusual vomitting experience

scottnshelly - Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:04 pm

Last night i had my parents-in-law over for some barbeque like we do every weekend. i had a view drinks (3-4 shots of rum) and cooked on the grill. after cooking, i sat down to eat and after about my third bite i felt a clogged-like feeling directly under my bottom right rib. every bit that i took after that i could feel building up toward my head. finally it all came up. i only vomitted what i ate just then, usually i keep vomitting until stuff i ate weeks ago comes up. i went back in and started again. the exact same thing happened again. after the second time i quit eating. i didn't feel sick or queesy, just had a headache. later on i did puke one more time, but it was over really quickly.
any idea of what could've caused that?
my wife says that either i drank too much (which i didn't) or got carbon monoxide poisoning from the grill. my mother-in-law thinks it was my gall bladder.
thanks
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:14 pm

User avatar Your vomiting attack can be caused by simply over-eating or drinking too much alcohol. It can be due to stress. Many patients experience nausea after eating spoiled food or foods to which they are allergic. Patients who suffer migraine headache often experience nausea. Gallstones, gastroenteritis and stomach ulcer may cause nausea and vomiting. These symptoms should be evaluated by a physician.
As you can see the causes are endless. The point is that you should go for an assessment if the condition is repeated for more than 48 hours.
 scottnshelly - Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:57 pm

I hadn't eaten but three bites when this started and i didn't have anything that I'm allergic too. I only had a couple shots, and I usually have a lot more than a couple without vomitting.
I didn't have a migraine, just a headache from vomitting.
The symptoms didn't repeat for 48 hours, just 1/2 an hour at most.
Thanks though
 scottnshelly - Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:48 pm

so, this is all i get, one automated prefabricated response? I was thinking that this was too good to be true. there's no way that i could get real credible medical advice without the bill.
thanks anyway.
 caterinawit - Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:53 am

If you read the disclaimer, this site is for unsolicited advice, NOT to replace doctor/patient relationships! what a rude reply. Not to mention the fact, that one does not need to be in the medical profession to know that vomiting can be, and is caused by a zillion and one reasons! and since, after 30 minutes it went away, and you are fine now, i think, it was quite a waste for you to even ask such a silly question!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here