Question: Chest pain acid reflux

It'salwayssomething - Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:00 pm

Hi I am a 32 year old female the mother of 4 and breastfeeding. A month ago I had horrible stomach cramps for 2 days I went to the dr and he sent me for some test and it showed I had sludge around gallballder. Surgeon sent me for another test and it showed gallbladder working. Now for 2 weeks I get pain in the middle of chest. On right side of chest I feel it in my back but not much. I also have pain on left side at the top of my breast close to my arm. I felt like I was going to pass out while eating once but the feeling went away quickly. My family has a history of gerds. I don't belive it is heart related no shortness of breath and it has lasted to long. Any ideas?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed May 30, 2007 3:20 pm

User avatar Your symptoms do sound consistent with reflux. You may want to try one of the over-the-counter reflux meds to see if it helps. If it does help but not enough, or your insurance covers the medicine, you can see your doctor for a prescription (that is stronger if needed).

Also, even though sludge in the gallbladder is not technically stones and the tests showed the gallbladder working, sludge can still intermittently obstruct the bile duct causing pain as if it were a stone. If you are symptomatic from your gallbladder you may want to talk with a surgeon about having it removed.

It'salwayssomething - Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:21 pm

Hi, I had an endoscopy done and it showed I had 2 ulcers. I was put on nexium. I have no developed nasuea and once in a while dizziness. I am still have some discomfort in my chest. I still feel it maybe my gallbladder. I feel bad all day. What do you think. Should I ask the dr to do another test? Thanks
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:19 pm

User avatar Ulcers do explain your pain well. The nexium will take a few days to reach full effect. In the mean time, you may want to try an antacid such as tums or rolaids or any of the liquid ones to see if this helps some.

The gallbladder is still possible so if you're continuing to have symptoms on the nexium you may want to discuss this with your doctor.

|