News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Chronic Diarrhea,Tightness in Chest{Please respond}

hippiewitch - Sun May 06, 2007 8:05 pm

Hi,

I am a 27 year old female with no past surgeries and I am not currently on any medications. I have had constipation for a few years and starting on March 19th of this year,I have had diarrhea on and off. I now get it once a week and got it twice last week. I last got it Friday nite and something I ate may have triggered it. I also get a tight and/or heavy feeling in my chest on and off. Sometimes sitting upright while driving or being on the computer can trigger it. Standing can trigger it as well. A few nights ago,the tight feeling I experienced in my chest was scary. I was just lying down on my side trying to go to sleep then.

I saw a general doctor and got a physical exam and blood work done on April 23rd of this year and I didn't get bad news. He listened to my stomache and felt my abdomen. He also listened to my heart. My heart races sometimes too but not everyday and I wonder if it has been due to being tired or from lack of sleep. I really hope to hear back from a doctor here regarding my symptoms. Thank you.

Michelle
 hippiewitch - Thu May 10, 2007 12:52 am

Hi,

I am wondering why no one has responded to my previous post about chronic diarrhea and tightness in my chest? No one ever responded to another post I posted on another thread on this site either. If more information is needed from me for some reason,please let me know. Thanks.

Michelle

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here