Question: reg pus

jigyasa65 - Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:18 am

Doctor
For the last eight months I am suffering from gastric problem that includes acute gas formation. Whenever I try to drink cold water/slightly cold water, I feel nausea althogh I do not vommit, but the sensation continues for minutes. Even in summer, I used to take ordinary water. In winter, because of this problem, I used to take slightly warm water. What could be the reason for this.
Further for the last few months, there is pus discharge from my anus that causes both itching and irritation at my anal region. sometimes I try to pass gas, it seems that it is passing through a different track. Because of this ,I am very much disturbed. What it could be? Is there any relation between the two problems I have mentioned. Should I consult Physician first or Gestroenterologist first ? What could be the remedy for this ?
Is it hundred percent curable ? Please advise.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:30 am

User avatar Hi jigy,
Regarding the discharge of pus from the anus, it could be an anal fistula or abscess. This requires immediate medical attention. A thorough evaluation should be made and exclusion of Chron's disease. This may require surgery.

As for nausea. It's always a difficult symptom to evaluate, given the fact a lot of things can cause it. Again it can be narrowed down by direct physical examination of a patient. I would suggest you deal with the second and more serious problem first during that evaluation a cause maybe suggested for your nausea.

I would recommend a gastro-enterologist evaluate you he may then send you to a surgeon for fistula repair, depending on the outcome of the examination.

|