News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   



Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: reg pus

 jigyasa65 - Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:18 am

For the last eight months I am suffering from gastric problem that includes acute gas formation. Whenever I try to drink cold water/slightly cold water, I feel nausea althogh I do not vommit, but the sensation continues for minutes. Even in summer, I used to take ordinary water. In winter, because of this problem, I used to take slightly warm water. What could be the reason for this.
Further for the last few months, there is pus discharge from my anus that causes both itching and irritation at my anal region. sometimes I try to pass gas, it seems that it is passing through a different track. Because of this ,I am very much disturbed. What it could be? Is there any relation between the two problems I have mentioned. Should I consult Physician first or Gestroenterologist first ? What could be the remedy for this ?
Is it hundred percent curable ? Please advise.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:30 am

User avatar Hi jigy,
Regarding the discharge of pus from the anus, it could be an anal fistula or abscess. This requires immediate medical attention. A thorough evaluation should be made and exclusion of Chron's disease. This may require surgery.

As for nausea. It's always a difficult symptom to evaluate, given the fact a lot of things can cause it. Again it can be narrowed down by direct physical examination of a patient. I would suggest you deal with the second and more serious problem first during that evaluation a cause maybe suggested for your nausea.

I would recommend a gastro-enterologist evaluate you he may then send you to a surgeon for fistula repair, depending on the outcome of the examination.


Check a doctor's response to similar questions


advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application


 advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)



Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2016
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
verify here.