News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Bloody stools

tla - Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:27 pm

For the past few years I have had some gastrointestional issues-diarrhea, lots of cramping, and, on a rare occassion, some bright red blood in my stools (occassionally they will look tarry too). At first, my doctor thought perhaps it was some sort of food poisioning since when I first went to him about it, my stool had some mucous in it as well. He ran several tests, but nothing showed up. It seemed to get better for awhile, so he and I both assumed whatever it was had taken care of itself. However, it started happening again shortly after that and I have simply not mentioned to him that it has been an ongoing issue since then. In the past month or so, when I have the urge to go to the bathroom, I have to go immediately, the cramping is pretty severe, and almost always some visible bright red blood. There is no actual pain when I go, such as you might have with hemmorroids. I am a 31 year old mom of two and feel pretty good other than the bowel issues, except for some fatigue, which I've been attributing to my busy life. Just wondering what this could be. There is a family history of colon cancer, but I just think I'm probably too young for that.

Thanks,
Tara
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:30 pm

User avatar tla,
You need to be examined by a gastroenterologist. First he will have to exclude piles by examination. Then he may request a colonoscopy and maybe other examinations. There are several conditions that can lead to bleeding in stools e.g. Chron's disease. Although you are young the possibility of cancer must be excluded.
 leepsa - Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:12 am

HI
i m leepsa from India.
Same problem I feced in the year of 2002. Finally I gone all the examination suggested by doctor, resulting ADENOCARCIMONA.
mY PERSONAL ADVICE TO U IS GET ALL EXAMINATION AS SOON AS POSSIABLE.
WITH BEST WISHES AND HOPE YOUR REPORT WILL NEGATIVE.

Dr. Chandra

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here